Wordy Wednesay

Since I have spent the remainder of my afternoon/evening stressing out over the layout of this blog and it's apparent exploding bandwidth (I'm going to take this moment to BEG anyone who knows code to please contact me and help me out with this hot mess!), I think I am going to choose the word angst.:

1944, from Ger. Angst "neurotic fear, anxiety, guilt, remorse" from O.H.G. angust, from the root of anger (q.v.). George Eliot used it (in Ger.) in 1849, and it was popularized in Eng. by translation of Freud's work, but as a foreign word until 1940s. O.E. had a cognate word, angsumnes "anxiety," but it died out.
You know, like teen angst, or the angst you feel when nothing seems to be working!!!!!!

Sorry, a much better post to follow when this whole format mess blows over.

0 comments: